Wow! This is a treat, not a trick! Just in the nick of time for Halloween! Halloween 0-10 Counting Mats, Ten Frames (2 versions), Counting Clip Cards and Practice Pages all in one bundle! Perfect for setting up a Halloween Math Center or Station.
This Halloween set could be my most favorite resource that I’ve ever done. These graphics are just so cute it made it fun to create! Thanks Zippy-A-Dee-Do-Dah!
Halloween 0-10 Counting Mats, Ten Frames, Counting Clip Cards and Practice Pages
Barely in the nick of time for Halloween … this cute, cute, cute and fun Halloween 0-10 Counting Mats, Ten Frames (2 different sets), Clip Cards and Practice Pages Bundle. Whew! 33 pages of fun and learning!
This resource contains 5 sets:
Set 1: 0-10 Counting Mats
The Halloween Counting Mats are great for getting students excited about numbers and counting … especially when used with individually wrapped Halloween candy, candy corn, pumpkin candy, plastic spiders, plastic bugs, mini Halloween cookies, etc. The mats can also be used with generic math counters as well, like round plastic discs, pennies, buttons, etc. (Mats only … no counters provided)
Set 2: 0-10 Ten Frames
The Halloween Ten Frames are very similar to the counting mats. The students use Halloween manipulatives to create the number on the cauldron in the ten frame. They can use candy corn, candy pumpkins, plastic spiders, or generic round plastic discs, pennies, Fruit Loops or buttons.
Set 3: 0-10 Ten Frames with Candy Corn Model
2 versions of the Halloween Ten Frames have been provided. One with just the number, and the second version has the number with the correct number of candy corn shown as an aide.
Set 4: 0-10 Halloween Counting Clip Cards
Students use the Halloween Counting Clip Cards with clothespins. They count, then clip the pin on the correct number. Great for increasing pincer grip!
Set 5: 8 Practice Pages
Levels of practice sheets have been provided for differentiating learning.
Counting sets to 5 and 10, making numbers using ten frames, and creating sets using pictures or drawing.
Looking for more Halloween ideas?
Here are some ideas I got from my Trick or Treat page at The Virtual Vine. The Virtual Vine is sadly in need of an update, so I just browsed to see if there might be something useful there to share here. 🙂
- Use Halloween Ellison cutouts or stamps to create a pattern on a sentence strip. This can then be turned into a hat/crown if desired.
- Use candy corn, candy pumpkins, Halloween stickers to practice patterning. For more advanced patterning, the candy corn can be turned in different directions: up, down, up, down, etc. Or, candy corn up, candy corn corn down, pumpkin …
- Here’s a link to my site with the story of the Little Orange House. You tell the story and cut as you tell. When you finish, you open up the paper and you have a jack o’lantern. So cool! The Little Orange House Story
- Have students color a Halloween coloring page and then write a sentence or story about what they colored.
- Print the haunted house at the link, have students color it and then write they would or wouldn’t want to live there. Haunted House Printable OR You can use this haunted house I found as a freebie on TpT. To use it I had to make it into a writing prompt. You couldn’t just use it as a coloring page. Haunted House Writing Prompt
Fall & Halloween Links
If you need more Fall & Halloween links, click below. There are LOTS of Fall & Halloween pages on the blog and they link to more outside the blog. And there are lots of freebies, so make sure you look around!
You can Follow Me @ TpT, on fb or join my Email List at the top of this page. If you join the Email List make sure you click TEACHER or SCHOOL STUFF ONLY. Hurry! You don’t want to miss a thing and if you join the Email List you’ll get a FREE instant download! Win-win!
Happy Trick or Treating!